You can donate in two ways to Helping Hands Ministries International. The first is through a cash donation, which is the transfer of funds. The second is an in-kind donation which is the transfer of any other type of asset such as the contributions of goods, services or volunteering, other than cash grants. Click on the links below for more information.
Here are some answers to commonly used questions.
What does it mean to be a Helping Hands Ministries volunteer?
Becoming a Helping Hands Ministry volunteer is an investment in time, energy and heart. That investment will ripple through our community and touch the lives of countless families all over the world.
How much time does it take to be a Helping Hands Volunteer?
Your time investment is up to you. We have many different opportunities throughout our ministry. Our volunteer opportunities range from daily activities in our retail locations to loading shipments for overseas relief. From individuals to groups both large and small. Hours worked can be on a set schedule or can be varied to meet your needs. Depending on work load and availability, special off-hour activities may be available for small groups.
Do I need to have any special skills?
No. On occasion we may look for individuals to help with certain skilled projects such as construction or bookkeeping. Most of all we are looking for individuals or groups, with a heart to serve Christ, our community, and those in need around the world.
Are there any other requirement?
We ask that volunteers be at least sixteen years old to work on their own. Volunteers younger than sixteen may serve if they are accompanied by an adult supervisor.
Exactly what does a Helping Hands Ministry volunteer do?
Our main source of income and relief goods comes from the processing and sale of donations from people like you. These goods are dropped off at our retail locations each day. These goods are then processed for sale or relief efforts.
Some activities at our stores include:
- Sorting items
- Tagging/Pricing/Hanging clothes
- Merchandising the sales floor
- Providing Guest Services
Other activities in ministry include:
- Yard work
- Preparing recycle
- Organizing and loading trailers bound for international relief
How do I apply?
Easy! Fill out our Volunteer Application form and we’ll get back to you very soon.
Come See How We Serve in Peru
We can arrange a variety of trips to fit your personal or group’s needs. Please contact Alex Maxim who would be glad to invite you on or plan a trip for you.
Planned Peru Trips
Every year we organize vision, mission, women’s, construction or special trips to Trujillo, Peru. These are the 2017 and 2018 trips:
- February 17 – 26: A small group mission trip. Completed.
- April 5 – 14: A flood disaster discovery trip by Helping Hands staff. Completed.
- May 24 – June 3: A flood victims’ recovery and reconstruction trip. Completed
- October TBD: A women’s trip to assist in the reconstruction and recovery of Trujillo. Accepting applications.
- November: A vision trip in (date to be determined) to celebrate the graduation of class of 2017 at the Victor Raúl Preschool, Trujillo, Peru. Accepting applications.
- February 2018: To be determined